MOKOLODI TRAIL RUN - SATURDAY 25 March 06:00AM
Mokolodi Trail Run
The trail run in Mokolodi is a monthly event in the Mokolodi Nature Reserve.
The event is free for everyone.
You can register for the event on our STRAVA club page if you want to become part of the leaderboard. All routes can be run as segments on STRAVA
- You need to run with a device that can upload a GPX file i.e. a smart phone or running/fitness watch. Routes are not marked at Mokolodi. Download the GPX files below or visit TheTrail.Run Strava Club. If using your phone for the trail Komoot is a good app to use.
- The routes are open from 0600hrs. You will need to register with Mokolodi when you arrive and sign in again when you are back from your run. We will be at the start/finish (the Mokolodi cafe) until 1030hrs.
- Run with water please. Blue Crystal, our trail run partners, will also provide a water station at the picnic site by the lake. All routes will pass through this water station. The water station will break down at between 0930 -1000hrs.
- The Mokolodi cafe will be serving a great brunch so please consider staying after your run and meeting your fellow runners over breakfast.
- There will be a safety brief given by Mokolodi staff before the run on the reserve rules and regulations.
- We will be on site to answer any questions.
We partnered with Fatmap. One of the leading map providers for running and hiking. Together with Fatmap, we are working on a trail running guide for Botswana.
You can download our routes from Fatmap, directly to your Garmin or Coros device. For any other navigation device please download the gpx file.
Fatmap is associated to STRAVA and you can login with your STRAVA profile.